With the increase in the use of technology, many users prefer to transfer the data at their desired location. In this, Office 365 plays a significant role as a popular cloud platform. But to access Office 365 you must have an internet connection. Therefore, you must have a copy of the emails from Office 365 to desktop. So that you can see your emails at any-time and any-place.
If you want to save your Email from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop then read this blog carefully.
I will discuss some free methods by which you can save your emails to your desktop easily.
Various Methods to Save Emails from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop
Users can strive certainly for one of the manual techniques to transfer their email from Outlook 365 to the desktop, the usage of the below-listed workaround techniques.
Method 1: Save Office 365 Webmail to PST via Outlook
For this process, you must have to make sure that Office 365 mailboxes should be configured with MS Outlook application so that Office 365 has the complete permission to export the messages. You can follow these steps that are written below:
- First, Run Outlook and in the File menu, choose Open and Export > Import and Export.
- In the Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file and then tap on the Next button.
- At the moment, select Outlook Data File (.pst) within the freshly opened window and>click Next.
- Then, it will ask you to choose the folder items that will move. Select the required folder (public folder, mailbox) and then tap on the Next.
Method 2: Using eDiscovery
Microsoft Office 365 has an eDiscovery feature which is supported by all the Exchange online plans including 2016, 2013. You have to follow these steps to proceed:
- Firstly, Open Office 365 application then, enters the login credentials.
- Here, open Office 365 Admin Center >> Security & Compliance Center. Visit Permissions and edit the eDiscovery Manager role group.
- Then, from the following rules, select the Compliance Search, Case Management, Export, Review, and RMS Decrypt, Hold, Preview, check-up the presence of Export role. If by chance you found it missing, then add it by using a plus button.
- Visit the Search and Investigate option and check the add button so that you can start a new content search. Now, you must give a suitable name and Tap on the Next button.
- Then, choose the Search everywhere and mark the Exchange to export all the mailboxes or you can try the custom location selection; you can also select the specific mailbox.
- Users also provide filters for example- time range, email metadata (from, to, cc, bcc), and message types. Tap on Search and from the next window, Tap Start export.
- Under the Content Search dialogue box, download the exported results by tapping on the Download export results. You have to build an export key and copy this to Clipboard.
- In the eDiscovery Export Tool, paste the export key, and give a location where of your choice and tap Start to begin the process.
Drawbacks of the Manual Process
Although these methods are free to use it also have some limitations too. Some of them are-
- The manual method is quite lengthy as well as the time-taking process.
- It is a quite difficult process especially if you are a novice or Non-Technical user.
- It does not give any guarantee for complete email migration.
- You must have an Outlook installation for the conversion process.
- It always has a high of data loss.
Or you can use Office 365 backup tool that can be used to move your emails and attachments to your desktop in the form of copy and it also ensures that there will be no data loss during this process. It can save your backup of mailboxes in your desired format such as PST, EML, MBOX, etc. you can export some selective files by using the Date-filter option.
I have discussed some free methods by which users can save their emails from webmail to desktop. But if you think you are not comfortable with the manual method then you can use Office 365 backup as it is very easy to handle and trustworthy tool. Now, I leave it up to the user’s conscience to choose which one they want to try.